Pain Management Doctor Practicing in Louisville, KY
Severe, constant, or debilitating pain does not have to become part of your life. Dr. Konrad R. Kijewski—a renowned pain management doctor who practices at Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic in Louisville, Kentucky—can help you find an effective and lasting solution.
Perhaps you have already discussed your pain with your primary care provider, who may have run some preliminary tests, such as X-rays and bloodwork, and possibly prescribed some medication. However, as researchers continue to learn more about the complexities of pain, it is becoming increasingly important for patients with chronic pain to see a physician who has specialized knowledge and skills. In addition to an in-depth understanding of the physiology of pain, a pain management doctor has access to specialized tests for diagnosing painful conditions, as well as the skills necessary to perform interventional techniques, such as nerve blocks and spinal injections.
What to Expect
Instead of simply prescribing a narcotic pain reliever right off the bat, Dr. Kijewski will pinpoint the cause of your pain and then determine the best way to treat it at its source. To do so, he will perform a comprehensive physical examination and review your health history, imaging scans, and diagnostic test results. As Dr. Kijewski’s patient, you can expect him to:
- Ask you to describe your pain in detail and explain its impact on your daily life
- Listen to your concerns with empathy and respect
- Explain your diagnosis in understandable terms
- Encourage you to ask questions
- Ask about any treatments you have already tried
- Offer a variety of traditional and innovative pain management options, including lifestyle modifications, physical therapy, non-narcotic medications, behavioral therapy, nerve blocks, injections, and minimally invasive surgery
- Suggest the most appropriate treatment plan for you
- Offer preventative strategies after your initial pain treatment to help ensure that you can feel your best both now and in the future
- Empower you to take an active role in your health and recovery
As your pain management doctor, Dr. Kijewski will help you find meaningful relief from your chronic pain. Contact Louisville Orthopaedic Center today to schedule an appointment at our location in Louisville, KY.