Advanced Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment Near Jeffersonville, IN
If you’re among the millions of Americans living with knee osteoarthritis, you can find the advanced treatment and long-term care you need at Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic. With convenient locations near Jeffersonville, Indiana, our independently owned practice is led by renowned orthopedic physicians who specialize in joint health. Allow us to help you get back on the move!
What Is Knee Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a very common degenerative condition that often affects one or both knees. It is characterized by the deterioration of cushioning joint cartilage, typically as a result of age-related wear and tear on the knee joint. Hallmark symptoms of knee osteoarthritis include:
- Gradually worsening pain
- Swelling and stiffness that can make it difficult to fully straighten the leg
- Pain that worsens with physical activity or long periods of rest
- Pain that seems to be influenced by changes in the weather
- A locking or crackling sensation resulting from bone-on-bone contact
Knee osteoarthritis cannot be reversed, only managed. Nevertheless, there are several conservative treatments that can help reduce your pain, improve your mobility, and preserve your joint health. Many people with osteoarthritis benefit from a combination of:
- Healthy lifestyle choices, such as quitting smoking and losing excess weight
- Engaging in low-impact exercise, such as swimming and brief walks in comfortable shoes
- Physical therapy
- Pain relieving medications, ointments, and creams
- Knee bracing
People with severe knee osteoarthritis that does not improve with conservative measures may be candidates for knee replacement surgery—an operation with a high success rate and the potential to transform quality of life for many people with debilitating symptoms.
Find Relief From Knee Osteoarthritis Symptoms
Learn more about knee osteoarthritis treatment options at Louisville Orthopaedic Clinic by giving our friendly professionals a call today. We proudly serve Jeffersonville and all surrounding communities.